Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Doing it Alone...

Burns left town early Monday morning.  I'm single-parenting it this week.  I did this for a year and a half.  I have no idea how.  I'm exhausted.  On a daily basis I'm thankful for Burns and our relationship.  We are a great tandem team.  Where I fall short, he picks up and when he isn't available, I always seem to be right there.  And now my tandem partner is gone and I'm just sailing through the air hoping that my chute opens when I tug on the string.  I need my partner.  Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely going to make it through the week and we will survive around here.  But its during times like these that I appreciate him even more.  I must remember to tell him this often.

As far as things around here are going, we are making it.  Shelton is continuing to learn how to do new things and be more independent each day.  He has been incredibly productive and has gotten a lot of information about what it will take for him to complete his GED by the end of the summer and he is even making lots of phone calls to try and get some stuff in motion regarding his chair, and a few other things he has been needing to do.  Last night we had a bit of a "moment" together.  He passed a kidney stone at about 11:00 last night.  It really made him quite anxious, as is completely understandable.  One benefit to the lost sensations below the waist mean that there was no real pain associated with what I have heard is a horrible feeling, from those who have experienced it first hand.  Thanks to an amazing friend who was happy to answer our call at such a late hour, Shelton's mind was set at ease and we all finally rested well.  I'm telling you folks, it's something new everyday.  Things don't often get boring around here.  :)  We feel blessed that so far the things that have been keeping us on our toes have all been pretty minor in the big scheme of things.  Just keep praying for progress in Shelton's physical abilities, motivation to be sustained in his day-to-day routines and for our patience as we persevere.  Thank you for your prayers.  They are precious to us, as I say so often.

{Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!  Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!} Luke 19:38

No comments:

Post a Comment