Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Clean Slate...

As I sit here in my comfy brown chair tonight, I feel like I have a clean slate with which to work this week.  I have a completely clean house.  And I mean COMPLETELY clean.  You name it, I've cleaned it.  The laundry is also done (other than what we are all currently wearing) and lunches and breakfasts for the week are ready to go.  Lesson plans have been done since Friday and I am actually ahead of the game.  What a difference a fresh start can make when it comes to thinking about what the new week holds.  I rarely start my weeks off with such a sense of preparedness.  And then I start thinking...why?  I mean, if I know what peace and happiness I can have in sitting here on a Sunday night knowing that all of my ducks are in a row, why don't I do it more often?  There are about 100 things I could type in here to try and explain why, and they would all be true and valid.  However, the fact remains that when other things creep in and take away from my time to feel this good about starting my week, my time management suffers, my ability to be the best teacher I can be is stifled and I'm not the best wife and mommy that I can be.  Hummm, something to think about on this lovely Sunday evening as I sit here with my windows open feeling the wonderful spring breeze.

But as all things in life do...this also could be a very real comparison to how prepared I am for what life has for me in relation to my walk with the Lord.  If I've spent time in prayer, meditated on scriptures that He has chosen just for me, and just taken time to be still and know that He is God, I will face my days and weeks with a peace, joy and sense of preparedness that cannot be rivaled.  So, why don't I do it as much as I should?  Why do I allow even one day to go by, without preparing my heart in the way that I know that Christ would desire for me?  Again, there are 100 reasons that I could type in here, but the difference in this is that none of them would be valid enough to actually serve as an excuse for not spending time with the One that calms my soul.

So, in an attempt to not allow this moment to slip away I think there is one more thing I can do to make sure that all of me is ready to give all I have for the sake of the cross this week.  I will say good night here and pray.  I will look up some passages and mark some scriptures that I want to look through this week.  If you see me, ask me how my week is going, and I mean how my week is really going on the inside.  Thanks for praying for me, holding me accountable and for encouraging me to press on.  If you have a favorite scripture that you would like to share, please comment and leave it below.  I would love to take some time this week and meditate on and look up some scriptures that mean the most to you!  :)

{For he [Jesus] himself is our peace...}  Ephesians 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment