Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

I'm Still Here...

It has been a crazy week!  I had the opportunity to spend a night with a group of sweet friends, take my boys to the mall to get out of the house on a rainy day and spend some time together, watch some baseball (I have been waiting all winter for that), Skype with Randi and my class so that she could have 22 little loves help me wish her a happy birthday and even celebrate an early birthday with my friends at work today.  It has been good.  I've also been completely stuffed up with congestion, let all things housework related go, resulting in the need to clean ALL day tomorrow, had a really tough day thrown in there and now I'm exhausted.  I also heard the bittersweet news about a good friend whose mother went to see her Savior this week and teared up today when an Amber Alert came through about a student I had a few years ago that will always have a special place in my heart.  There were definitely some difficult moments.  I'm choosing not to focus on these things though.  It has been a good week, no matter what.

God has blessed my little family, of this I'm sure.  On Tuesday night I had the opportunity to speak to a group of ladies about how the Lord has used His words to speak directly to me through these rocky and difficult days.  The Truth is healing.  I pray that you open the Bible, soak it in and feel the healing presence of God as the words of our Father hit straight to the heart.  If you were there, I hope the Lord spoke to you in amazing ways through His words that were given to me.  Thanks for listening to my heart.

It's not a great picture, but
here is the finished product!
We are thankful.
Things for us are going ok, and we are still working through some kinks in trying to make sure Shelton is motivated and busy during his days.  He did do some research on what it will take to get his GED and we are encouraging him as he takes that bull by the horns, as we know it is something that he is absolutely dreading.  Please continue to pray for him as he tries to break old habits and create new healthy ones, as this isn't easy for anyone.  The biggest news of the day is that the chair lift was installed today.  Hallelujah!?!!  However, it isn't a simple fix and answer to all of our dilemmas yet.  It is difficult to use and causes some traffic flow problems around here.  We will figure this out, I'm sure, but until we do it is possibly more frustrating than it is wonderful.  I'm sure we will all think it is wonderful soon!  (Although to be fair, Cooper already thinks it is pretty wonderful...)  Other than that, we are just living life and enjoying our days together.  If you think about it, please say some extra prayers for us next week as Burns will be leaving town on Monday for work and will be gone all week.  I am going to be one tired momma, I'm afraid.  Pray for stamina and an extra measure of patience for me, a cooperative spirit for Coop and things for Shelton to do during the week that will keep him busy.  Pray for safety as Burns travels and favor in his work as
he is gone.  We truly covet your prayers!  Just keep them coming...

Thanks for reading and staying updated with us.  Much love to you all!

{For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand.  It is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”}  Isaiah 41:13

No comments:

Post a Comment