Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

...Even in Australia

Over the course of my 16 years of teaching, I have read this
book many times.  If you're having a bad day, it's worth the read.
If you're familiar with children's literature you knew right away what this post would likely hold.  If you're not, the title of today's post is referring to the book, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.  Today has been a little like that for me.  I'm funny.  At the end of the day on January 13, when we got the news about Shelton, I would never have said it was a terrible or horrible at all.  I can handle a completely devastating day.  I can handle horrible news and tragic events.  What seems to take me out at the knees is a day in which 30 little things go wrong.  That is exactly what happens to sweet (or maybe not so sweet, if you actually think much about the character) little Alexander in the story.  His breakfast cereal box didn't have a toy prize, the shoes he had all picked out at the shoe store were sold out in his size and he was the only kid in his family who ended up with a cavity at the dentist.  Nothing major, just lots of minors.  My day has been filled with several minor, and quite honestly ridiculous, little things and disappointments.  I will survive.  However, I'm glad today is over.  I'm glad this one is behind me and that I can move on.  I'm glad that it wasn't a tragic day.  I'll take it and remember that even in disappointment, I can still shine bright.  I pray exactly that tonight, that I will wake with enough of a positive attitude that tomorrow I can shine bright, and be thankful that its a new day.

{I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation.  But take heart; I have overcome the world.}  John 16:33


No comments:

Post a Comment