Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

So...the Thackers aren't much for Christmas cards, although I did have plans to send one out this year as I'm so happy to share what God's done in our lives this past year. Most of you know the story, so here are the updates:

Burns ~ is doing great. He's working as a crew supervisor for a foundation company and does so many great things to take care of the guys on his crew, specifically those who are struggling. He is currently spending time with Shelton at the movies and makes sure to find time during the week to spend time with both boys, even though he leaves the house by 6am and doesn't usually get home until 7pm. I'm so very proud of him!

Shelton ~ moved in with us a little before Halloween and while he doesn't always appreciate us staying on his case about school stuff is doing well in school. We couldn't be more proud of the progress he's made since moving in! He's an amazing big brother and always chips in around the house anytime something needs to be done without complaining. He turned 16 just after Thanksgiving, so the good attitude thing is nothing short of impressive!

Cooper ~ is just about the same. He's smart as a whip, seriously and I spend time praying that he uses it for good, not evil. The things he infers, picks up without direction instruction and creates on his own amaze us everyday. He's as strong-willed as always and I'm wondering when we'll be getting the call to have his head shot taken to become the new cover of the James Dobson book on the topic. We're working well together to keep him as much at bay as we can, but the kid is a control freak who likes to push the limits, hourly. Pray for us! :) With all of that being said though, we thank God daily that we have 2 very healthy boys who are capable of so much. We are blessed!

Me ~ all is about the same. Not much to report. I'm still teaching 1st grade in Lewisville, serving in the preschool ministry at our amazing church and loving on my family. I really can't think of much else interesting to tell.

Here are a few hilights from our fantastic month of December:

Bass Pro Shops: If you've never been, it's fantastic. Free pictures with Santa, who if it isn't busy will play with your kids. Priceless. Also a free reindeer carousel, crafts and games. It was great!

Advent: We set aside time each Sunday evening to celebrate Advent, or the first coming of Christ and looking forward to the second coming of our Savior! Being that there are 4 Sundays of Advent, we each claimed one week, got to light the candle, read the scripture and pray (Coop had a little help on his week) and then choose what the family would do for our family time that night. Every activity chosen was precious and made great memories!

A Christmas Carol: We went with some friends to FBC Carrollton's version of the Christmas Carol. It was WONDERFUL! Free child-care too. A definite bonus!

Cookie Exchanges & fun White Christmas Watching Parties (yes I said parities...I had to do 2!)

Gingerbread House Making Party: As always, friends came and houses were built. Kids ended up with sugar highs and we all went home sticky, but fun was had by all!

Christmas Cruisin': A yearly event that the youth from church get to participate in. I got to volunteer this year. Fantastic event with great kids!

Kids' Christmas Program @ Church: This year's theme was Star of Wonder. The dress rehearsal was less than perfect, and yet the performance was wonderful. So great to watch all of my sweet little friends from church (who have grown SO much over the years) take the stage and make it shine!

I'm sure there was more...but I'm lucky if you're even still reading at this point so I'll cut it off here. I hope that this season finds you all to be doing well. Continue to pray for our family and let me know how I can pray for yours! Love and Merry Christmas to all!

{For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulders and his name shall be called, Wonderful Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.} Isaiah 9:6

1 comment:

  1. Love this Robin!!! And i love that we shared so many of these memories with you this Christmas season. We will see The Thackers at church tomorro and on Christmas. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete