Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving



Well hello there, did you all think I had forgotten my password? Or perhaps that I had forgotten how to type? I would have...but alas, here I am back with a blog of thankfulness. God is still good my friends, and is still on His throne. This can be seen in my sweet family day after day. This year I'm thankful for...


~Six months of my family being reunited, happy and right where God wants us to be!

~Shelton having moved back in with us full time, as we were at one point sure that this might never happen. To add to this I'm thankful that he's such a great kid who has really poured himself out to us and is opening up to what God has in store for him.

~Burns having a fantastic job that God led him directly to that makes him feel valued and respected. I'm also thankful that he is paid accordingly for the work he does.

~A budget that somehow manages to work each month, typically with some left over for giving to others and family fun nights out. This in itself is a small miracle. (You should see my budget sheet! Yikes!)

~My mom and dad who continue to love us and support us, day after day!

~Randi's kids coming home and getting to love on them for a month. Oh how I miss those guys...

~A job that I know God specifically created me to do and the kids in my class who show me daily why I'm there.

~A little boy who keeps me on my toes. I've seen specific progress in him, but we've still got such a long way to go. He's precious, passionate and full of life. He also wears me out on a daily basis (both physically & emotionally). Sigh.

~Those friends who have been there all the way; rooting for my family, praying for my family, supporting & encouraging my family. If not for you...we wouldn't be where we are today. Thank you for letting God use you.

~The new friends God has allowed into our lives. I'm constantly reminded of His love for me through the faces of all those in my life.


I'm positive I'm missing something, but I think this short list pretty much updates you on what the Thacker's have been up to over the past 6 months. Thank you for reading, staying updated and in touch and for loving us! We are thankful indeed!


{I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now...} Philippians 1:3-5

1 comment:

  1. MY FRIEND! i am so happy to see a blog post from you! and i'm even happier to hear that things are going well for your sweet family! coop could not be more adorable, OR MORE GROWN-UP!

    miss you and would love to grab a cup of coffee! xxoo.

    ReplyDelete