Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

I Can't Find The Words...

I've been thinking about posting this blog update for days now, but just can't seem to find the words to describe how amazing our God is that He's blessed me and my family so richly, therefore I keep putting it off. I'm just praying that the words that pour out onto this screen will be from Him and not me. We'll see where this goes...

Just to update, here are a few of the things we've done in the past 48 hours. Yesterday we woke up together as a family to have strawberry pancakes for breakfast for Burns' birthday before heading off to church together in the same car. We then ended a fabulous day when all 4 of us piled in the car to feed the ducks and play outside. It was a fabulous ending to an amazing day. This evening after dinner, I chased Sadie around the front yard while Burns watered our beautiful new landscaping that we completed together while Cooper chased his big brother through the sprinklers giggling all the way. Burns looked at me and said, "These are good times, Momma, good times." and I think that pretty much sums it up. These are good times indeed, because God is good!

Last Thursday I finished up probably the most challenging school year I've ever had and poured my completely exhausted self into the bed at about 9:30 alone for the last time. Friday was a day that so many of you have been praying for, for so long. Burns moved back home and my broken family is now complete. It's the culmination of the verse that specifically promises to us that, "He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion..." {Philippians 1:6} While there were definitely times that by our standards, it didn't look anything at all like "good work" I was able to hold to this promise. In the things my family has faced over the past 2 years, very little of it looked good. But I daily held to the promise that all things from our Father who loves us so are good. Therefore I pushed on, Burns pushed on and God held all of us through to this very moment.

I am now sitting here crying and typing as Cooper is tucked neatly in his bed singing Hosanna to himself, and I can hear Burns and Shelton downstairs playing cards and enjoying each other and thinking to myself that I am one lucky girl! If any of you are struggling out there and just don't know if the always uphill battle that you might be facing is worth fighting through, don't lose heart. Getting to the top of the hill is hard, but what God will show you on the other side is beyond anything you could imagine. I'm living that right now. Keep faith, push through and lean on others. Pray, pray pray. And then pray some more. Please let me know what you're battling and let me be your prayer warrior. This isn't to say that my sweet little family no longer needs your prayers, much to the contrary we possibly need them now more than ever. But I would love to spur you on in love much as we've been spurred on in love for a very long time now.

And know, that our God endures forever...

2 comments:

  1. oh Robin, I am so happy for you! I know this has been hard on you and your family and I am so proud of how you have handled it! You are such a strong person and your faith is even stronger! I respect you and Burns for all the patience and work and faith you have put into this!

    I am so beyond ecstatic for you and I have a lump and tears just reading this! HUGS my friend!

    ReplyDelete