Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's been too long...




I begin tonight's post with sincere apologies for the delay in between posts this time. I can say to you that in the delay God has been working mightily in my life. While I can honestly say with an open heart that I am a very blessed woman to whom God has revealed Himself in magnificent ways in recent days, that I type this post with a heavy heart. I'm hurting tonight. I'm hurting for a friend who has recently gotten scary news about her child. I'm hurting for a student tonight. I'm hurting for a family that I don't even know as they watch their sweet baby girl fight for her life at 3 days old. I'm hurting for a world that is full of evil, looking for answers, and I'm mourning over the fact that I've grown all too desensitized to the fact that our city is filled with lost souls. I know that it is in times like these that my heavenly Father brings me to my knees and closer to Him.



I can type these next words in pure joy though my friends. I can say with absolute peace, that our God has restored and is in the process of amazingly healing my broken family. Burns and I have been continuously going through a marraige mentor partnership with a couple from church and are truly blessed by their knowledge, willingness to share their lives with us and are growing closer to each other again. I can honestly say that I am proud of everything Burns has allowed God to shape him to be over the past year. I can honestly say that he is someone that I want Cooper to look up to and follow after as he grows. I can honestly say that I love my husband and can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. These are things I wasn't sure I would ever say and now I rejoice as I say them! In knowing the pain I'm feeling for others and a lost world tonight, it makes the words of praise to our almighty God so much more sweet. I know the pain my family could be feeling. I know that things could be worse and I am thankful that they are not. Does any of this mean that my family will not face trials of many kinds as we grow and await the day we meet our beautiful Savior? Not by any means, but do I now know that we will face them with confidence in knowing that we'll be carried every step of the way? Absolutely! Praise be to our King!!! Burns and I have been talking to my parents about the possibility of all moving in here together as a family. We've all prayed separately about this and feel that it may be where God is leading us to be, at least for a little while. The next step is for the 4 of us to sit down and talk some about how it might look if we do decide on that as a living arrangement. What we do know is that we want to be back under the same roof, sooner than later. We are thinking that the beginning of summer would be a good transition time. Please pray for us as we begin to transition to having our family together again. This is a huge step for us, one that we do not take lightly. We want this to be a forever thing, and are going to great lengths to ensure that we are as ready as we can be and there is nothing that could prepare us more than being covered in prayer.


Thanks to all of you for your love and support as always.








Robin

4 comments:

  1. all i can say is praise God, and I L-O-V-E the Thacker family to pieces!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautifully written piece - I will be praying for the three of you(make that 5!)and that God will make his direction clear. Praise God for your continued commitment to Him and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising for answered prayer, while continueing to pray!

    ReplyDelete