Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Very, very...tired.

Hello friends. I regret that it has been much too long since I sent out an update, but wanted to take a quick minute to sit down and let you all know how life is here. Things have been extremely busy, but good around here. Just to hit the hilights...

Burns and I...are doing good. In our marraige mentoring sessions, we've hit on some hard topics and we're learning that we both have set some unrealistic expectations and are really looking at where we are, just right now and where we want to go from here. We have started talking some about when we'll be under the same roof again, and where that might be. Please be praying for this. I really think we're getting very close to ready to be together again as a family soon. :) Praise God, yes? Burns is continuing to work really hard and is never sitting around with wasted days, but is still praying for something more consistant, because right now he never knows more than 24 hours in advance whether he'll be working or not and that is making it really hard to set up good family routines, which are much needed right now. This would also help in us being able to spend some more consistant time with Shelton, which we also need to be doing more. Please be praying for that as well. As always, your prayers are precious to us. God gets all of the glory for putting these two fallen humans back together again as a family, but your constant prayers have been our blessings along the way. Thanks to each one of you, from the bottom of my heart.

Cooper...is Cooper. I think that about says it all. He's had more good days than bad lately, which is a total blessing. He's just growing and learning so much each day, it never fails to shock me. Tonight we were reading before bed, and he decided he wanted to read mommy's "big Bible" instead of his storybook Bible. He opened it up (to a page in Leviticus, I believe) and started "reading" it to himself. His version went a little like this, "Love each other as I have loved you. Then, you have to make good choices at school." I guess he's starting to get the point??? :) If you can believe it, he will actually be 3 this Saturday. He is VERY excited about his fire truck birthday party this weekend. It will be a small affair, but he gets it this year and absolutely cannot wait. Pictures will hopefully be posted soon. I have a fabulous friend who has volunteered to come and catch some of the fun on camera and I can't wait to share with you what she'll do. She takes some great shots. :) I am currently in progress on the cake. As most of you know, I don't do cakes. I typically stick to cupcakes as much as possible to avoid the smooth frosting issue but decided to go for it just this once. It seems to be working out in my favor so far. I guess we'll see... Burns and I spent much of this evening putting together the first stages trampoline that we got him for his birthday. It was inspired by some precious friends who got one just like it for their energetic little boy for Christmas. Thanks so much for the great idea Heather, Jordan & Sammy. Again you come through for the Thackers!!

I am...doing well. I can't believe that spring break has just slipped away from me so quickly. Wow, how time flies. *sigh* I have done many of the things I was wanting to do including, running errands, attempting to donate blood (although, they still wouldn't take it. something about low iron? oh well...), playdates with several sweet friends, party things done, working out, and even loving on some kids down in South Dallas who have nothing better to do than roam the streets, looking for somthing to do during spring break. If you and your family are ever looking for something to do with your whole family to serve others, please let me know. I would be happy to hook you up with my friends, the Hutsons, who have a huge heart for those in South Dallas who are just looking for someone to notice them and care. It was a huge blessing to me to be a part of something that seemed small, and yet significant too. On another note, I did win the biggest loser competition at school. It was great to get the $200 to go and buy some new clothes as what I have doesn't seem to be fitting anymore. Jillian Michaels is a beast, but knows her stuff. If you're looking to get started on getting back into shape, talk to me. What I did wasn't fancy and didn't come in a bottle, but really worked and I feel 100 times better than I did just before Christmas. Well worth the few little changes I made along the way. I promise! :) If I can do it...anyone can do it!

Well, I hope that this post finds you all to be doing well. I pray that you and your families are enjoying this warmer weather and that you're getting out and enjoying time together in it. Please let me know how I can pray for you and yours. Thanks for taking the time to read my mindless ramblings...

Good night.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment