Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Cowboy Kind of Day...


Howdy partners! I'm sitting here wearing a cowboy hat and boots as I type this long overdue post. Today is Cowboy Day at school as we've been learnin' about Texas. It's cuz of that, that you folks are going to get a dose of Texas today as you read. Hope that's alright by you...


Things 'round the Thacker Ranch have been goin' smoothly. Burns has been workin' like a fool and we are so proud of him for it. He's still movin' people's stuff for them and makin' good money doing it. He and I started meetin' with some good folk from church this past week for some mentoring. I'm thinkin' it's gonna be real helpful for us. We're really havin' a good time getting to know each other again. Thanks for those prayers, y'all. Keep 'em comin'!


Lil Cooper is doin' good. He's still growin' like a weed and gettin' himself into some sort of new trouble everyday. Keeps me on my toes, if you know what I mean. I'm lovin' every minute of it though and hit the hay each night ready for some good shut eye.


I've been droppin' weight since Christmas like a trucker drops his load. It's been a real blessing. So far I done lost 22 lbs and I'm hopin' to win the biggest loser competition here at school. It ends next week, so wish me luck! I can't say as it's been all my good doin' though. I did lose about 9 of that from a perty nasty stomach bug that I caught a while back. That bugger was one nasty virus. I pray none of your kin-folk get as taste of that one any time soon.


Just like I always say...I hope this lil note finds you and all those on your ranch doin' well too. I hope I get to see y'all soon!


Adios, friends!

1 comment:

  1. This was so fun to read and I love that you put a picture too!

    I am glad you are reporting good news on the Thacker front and congrats to all your weight loss...I hope you win your challenge!

    Miss you...can't believe your little guy is about to be THREE!!

    ReplyDelete