Today was CRAZY. Coop was totally uncooperative and I had a lot to do. These two things never add up to good endings. I did manage to get a ton done and my little man and I both survived so I guess there is something to be said for that. :) I'm just ready for bed, but thought I'd update the blog before calling it a day.
Today is our anniversary. We've been married for 6 years now. Hard to believe, but considering we've spent the last year separated and we've made it through and are finally on the road to living under the same roof again, I can still say we're blessed. I've thought a lot today about what all of this means. In the past year there are very few people who would have judged me for calling it quits, but I'm so glad I didn't. I want to be able to tell Cooper that his daddy isn't a quitter and that our family is important enough to him that he is willing to do whatever it takes for us to manage to pull this thing back together. With that being said, this doesn't mean that I think that I don't have things to work on too. As much as I would like to believe I'm perfect (and for those of you out there who actually read this silly blog, I hate to break it to you...but I'm not. ha!) I know that there are definitely things that I need to look in the mirror and see, and be willing to work on in me too. I believe this will be true for the rest of my life. I pray that we will all embrace the verse "And He, who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." {Phil 1:6} and know that our heavenly Father isn't going to give up on us, so we must keep fighting too. :)
I pray that before we begin a new week of Advent, considering the peace that Christ left with us that we'll take one more look at the hope that is in the world because of our Savior's birth. Enjoy this season that reminds us of the coming of our King...
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." {1 Corinthians 13:13}
You are stronger than I am! And you have amazed me with your dedication, not to just your marriage but to living out what God has called all of us to do. God uses everything to bring about His Glory and your life the last year, even though it might be hard to see, has done exactly that! I love you!
ReplyDelete