Well, as it turns out I am the WORST blogger in the history of bloggers. Honestly, I had been working on it to help keep Randi and her family in the loop and when I was originally keeping up with it, she didn't even have internet so I stopped "just until she got internet" which was obviously a few months ago. :) Oops. So, here we go again. I plan to try and update a few times a week as obviously an everyday blog is just too much of a commitment for someone like me.
Things are well for the Thacker family. Burns is doing really well. He graduated from his program in San Angelo on Novemeber 5 but has a job commitment there for a couple more weeks. He'll be home when he's finished his job there and will start looking for a job here. I'm incredibly proud of him for finishing there at U Turn for Christ. It's a tough program and very few of the guys who start the 8 month program actually finish. When he comes home, he'll be staying with someone for a few months while we go to some counseling and figure out how it will look when we are finally all living under the same roof again. Please keep praying for us as we go through this transition. God is good, all the time! All praise be to Him for putting this broken family back together again.
Cooper is growing like crazy. He is being a little toot somedays at school, but I keep reminding myself that if I'm consistent, this too shall pass. I'm just scared that he's going to be "that" kid. Ya know, the teacher's kid that's just a (very cute) pain to have in class. I'm praying about this one day and night. He's also potting training right now and it's going just ok. He's not throwing a big fit every time I ask him to go like he did before, but he really doesn't care about having wet pants, so he doesn't have a whole lot of motivation to go other than the m&m's he's been promised by me. I'm confident I won't have to send him to middle school wearing depends, right??
I'm having the absolute most difficult school year I've ever had. It's not horrible, just difficult. There is a big difference. My team and the people at my school are amazing and making it less painful, but it's just one of those years where while I'm there I have to be "on" absolutely every second. It makes me appreciate those years where it seems almost effortless even more and when I've sent these precious little darlings off to second grade, I'll feel as if I've done something monumental and that makes it all worth it!
I pray that this blog finds you all well. For those that I see often, thanks so much for being there in person and pouring into me and for those I don't see as much as I want, please know that you're all still dear to me and I cherish your thoughts and prayers. We love you all very much!
The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters. Psalm 24:1&2
Things are well for the Thacker family. Burns is doing really well. He graduated from his program in San Angelo on Novemeber 5 but has a job commitment there for a couple more weeks. He'll be home when he's finished his job there and will start looking for a job here. I'm incredibly proud of him for finishing there at U Turn for Christ. It's a tough program and very few of the guys who start the 8 month program actually finish. When he comes home, he'll be staying with someone for a few months while we go to some counseling and figure out how it will look when we are finally all living under the same roof again. Please keep praying for us as we go through this transition. God is good, all the time! All praise be to Him for putting this broken family back together again.
Cooper is growing like crazy. He is being a little toot somedays at school, but I keep reminding myself that if I'm consistent, this too shall pass. I'm just scared that he's going to be "that" kid. Ya know, the teacher's kid that's just a (very cute) pain to have in class. I'm praying about this one day and night. He's also potting training right now and it's going just ok. He's not throwing a big fit every time I ask him to go like he did before, but he really doesn't care about having wet pants, so he doesn't have a whole lot of motivation to go other than the m&m's he's been promised by me. I'm confident I won't have to send him to middle school wearing depends, right??
I'm having the absolute most difficult school year I've ever had. It's not horrible, just difficult. There is a big difference. My team and the people at my school are amazing and making it less painful, but it's just one of those years where while I'm there I have to be "on" absolutely every second. It makes me appreciate those years where it seems almost effortless even more and when I've sent these precious little darlings off to second grade, I'll feel as if I've done something monumental and that makes it all worth it!
I pray that this blog finds you all well. For those that I see often, thanks so much for being there in person and pouring into me and for those I don't see as much as I want, please know that you're all still dear to me and I cherish your thoughts and prayers. We love you all very much!
The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters. Psalm 24:1&2
FRIEND...so glad you're back in blogland! i made our blog private recently, so send me a fb message with your email address and i'll send you an invitation!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear that burns and coop are doing well, but sorry that you're having a tough year! big giant turkey day hugs to you guys! let's get together soon...I'M SERIOUS!!! xo.
love it! you are too cute. and, we are super proud of Burns, absolutely love your little boy, and will pray for you as you continue to minister in the mission field of 1st grade. you ARE making a difference!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post...I think about you often and wonder how you are doing...it is sad but thank goodness for fb!
ReplyDeleteso glad to hear the good news on Burns and I just love all the pics and stories or you precious little man...he is so stinkin cute and I really need to see yall soon!
oh and my blog is now private too so if you want to read it just send me a message.
miss you...and enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family!