Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday


Today was quite busy and also more expensive than I might have hoped for, but many things on my to-do list have been crossed off. (And if you know me, you know that there's nothing I love doing more than crossing things off of my list.) I was finally able to take care of my van which unfortunately seems to be a bit like the money pit lately. Ugh. At least I have transportation though, and for that I am truly thankful. I also got some shopping done and I've even managed to potty train a little boy somewhere in all of that madness. I really think we might be over the hump. He didn't have any controllable accidents (there was one incident when we were in the car) and even told me multiple times that he needed to go. I really think this might be it. I don't plan on going back. Wish us continued luck. Actually, while I'm thinking about it I would appreciate any mommy advice you might have for me in the form of a comment on something. The poop part is going to be tricky. He only poops when he's sleeping. He rarely has a messy diaper unless it's on him when he wakes up in the morning or from his nap. How will I ever manage to get him to poop in the potty when he only does it in his sleep? For now I'm just still putting a diaper on him for sleeping, and it's been dry for the most part but not always clean. Any helpful hints you guys might have here would be appreciated.


I must also say for the record that I LOVE the holidays. I love shopping (but I must admit, I'm almost done), baking and decorating. I love singing Christmas carols quite loudly in the car as if I'm Amy Grant or something. (Ok, forgive the Amy Grant reference, but for some reason she was the only female that I could think of who is notorious for doing Christmas songs. Funny, right?) I love having a decorated house and love it that my little boy does too. I love time with friends and wrapping gifts and even the shockingly all consuming Christmas program we do at church every year. I love Christmas Cruisin' (and I'm doing the dessert portion of the progressive dinner this year so if you volunteered to bring me something sweet-don't forget-December 17th!) and the women's ornament exchange. I know there are a million other holiday things I love but I must also mention that I love the fact that our church has begun to create a new tradition for my family in the form of celebrating advent. The more I learn about it, the more I realize that the reason I enjoy these silly things so much, is that they represent the coming of a very special day. The day our Savior was born. Other than Easter, I can't think of a more appropriate thing to celebrate in such a profound way. I hope that you enjoy these days as well that signify the coming of the most important birth in history. The birth of our King. Happy Holidays everyone!!! Tis' the season...


Today's picture is a picture of a free advent guide provided by Buckner International. If you're interested in learning more about advent or want daily family advent devotionals click the link below. It's a great resource!


No comments:

Post a Comment