So I know as far a blogging goes, I've officially had a "day 1" already, but that was just a trial run to make sure I actually do know how to write. This is offically day 1. Randi and Trey left today and since this blog is really to help keep them updated, it wasn't offically a "need" until now. So, day one and here we go...
A few hi-lights and a few low points stick out from today. Let's start with the low points. #1 - When I opened the door this morning Connor was already crying. Randi and I both always said that after teaching both Kinder and 6th grade we saw more 6th grade boys cry than Kindergarten girls. I guess this is true in all 6th grade boys hunh? :) #2 - I completely forgot to take my school key with me this morning and now that I think about it sitting here in my bed at 11:08pm I don't think I ever found them. Oh, well. #3 - I came back to the Hagood house to put Coop to bed and change before going back over to help paint Brooke's room, yet forgot to change and wore one of my only 2 pairs of jeans to paint in. I'm now down to one pair of jeans.
Moving on the hi-lights...#1 - I couldn't be more proud of my family for what they are doing. It give me joy to say they've left to serve the Lord. #2 - Mom & Dad bought my dinner. Hey, it's the little things that get us through some days, right? #3 - Mom told me that the last thing that Cooper said as the van pulled away was "Bye, Bye DeDe. Wub ooh." I just hope we can manage to keep them in touch so that this never fades.
Thanks for reading. I am now crying and tired. That is a bad combo so off I go to try and sleep. Good night!
QotD - "I don't use paint rollers. I always use a brush to do the job. I know they cover more area faster and all, but it takes too long to clean them out." ~Dad
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which you were called in one body. Colossians 3:15
**Please note that today's picture is the most flattering picture I have of Randi, but she wasn't here to stop me, so too bad for her. :)
sorry that you're hurting right now. we're always here for you if you need somebody to treat you like family. that of course includes being mean to you right in front of your face. would you have it any other way?
ReplyDeletei know that i havent talked to you in a veryveryvery long time.. but i just wanted to let you know i think of ALL of yall often. its really really nice to read about the fam (that i once knew very well) its crazy to me how much life is changing everyday around us. i cant believe how much life has changed for yall. i really dont know where i am going with this at all but yeah.. its nice to read this i am going to my it one of my bookmarked favs and read it everytime i get a chance! <3
ReplyDeleteWhitney