Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aunt Darla...


Tonight Aunt Darla came to visit. I absolutely love family time. I didn't get to visit long, but did get to see her and hug her and that was priceless. Tonight's picture is of Coop and his Aunt Darla. :)

I can't be happier that tomorrow is Friday. After a week of doing reading assessments with my kids I feel like I haven't taught much at all, and I really hate that feeling. I had to "shoo" kids away when they just wanted to tell me about something cool they had read or read me something they had written because the assessments cannot be interrupted once they're started since they are timed tests. With benchmark testing next week I feel like two more days will be lost then too. Oh well, I didn't get into this profession to make a difference with kids, just to make sure that I'm doing my job by assessing them all the time...*sigh*...right???

I am doing a Bible study right now with a group of ladies at church that is wonderful. It's a study on loving others. Truly, loving others the way Christ does. What I'm finding is that I really stink at it. What I'm also finding is that I can't will myself to be better at it, it comes from a life that is consistently plugged into a relationship with my Father and his Word. I'm praying that as I become more intertwined into His vine, I'll bear more fruit. Please keep me accountable to this if you think about it when you see me. Ask me about the time I've spent in the Word lately. :)

Ok, so the carpets are all cleaned, lunch for tomorrow is made, the soup I'm taking for the "souper" bowl pot luck tomorrow is ready to go, and I'm ready for bed. I hope this finds you well. Good night my friends!

"...And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with our God." Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment