Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Things Have Been Busy...

I don't have much time for a lengthy post tonight, but I realized today just how long it has been since I updated this little blog.  The Thackers are doing well.  Busy, but good is pretty much the theme around here lately.

In an effort to do a quick "around the horn" update here are the hi lights (and low lights) of each of the Thackers since the last time I posted:

Cooper ~ He is almost done with Kindergarten!  I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's true.  Within the next month Cooper will have completed his first year of formal school.  He has done better than any of us expected, and that is with the added "excitement" we've had around here this year.  Now, this isn't to say that it's been a perfect year.  I mean, there were lots of teacher appreciation gifts sent to school this week, as he has given his teachers an opportunity to practice that Love & Logic training they've all received.  He has learned to read and write.  He can do more mental math than most 2nd graders and he loves learning.  We couldn't be happier.  His teacher deserves a medal.  We love her!  What a blessing she has been.  He is also doing some more drills in a basketball skills clinic he is taking part in each week.  He's actually pretty good...

Shelton ~ He's doing ok.  We've had a few down days and he has had to fight some anxiety and lack of motivation but is pushing through.  His nerve pain is diminishing as we are coming to the end of the time in which that will affect him the most and we are all thankful for this.  He is applying for a few part time jobs here close to home and will begin his GED course at the beginning of June.  We are praying that this goes well and is done quickly and successfully.

Burns ~ He is working hard!  He is on a couple of different medications that have started to make him a bit lethargic during the day.  He went to the doctor this week to see what can be done to try and adjust the meds to try and alleviate this.  Our wonderful family doctor was very helpful and has another plan to try and see if he can still get the benefit of the meds, without the downside affecting him mid-day.  We are in that transition period now and it will take a few days before we see if it works like we are hoping it will.  Please pray for him in this transition and that the changes work as well as his doctor believes they might.

We said good-bye to our sweet Sadie today.  She had developed
breast cancer and was beginning to suffer.  We couldn't bear
to watch her struggle so she peacefully went to sleep this
afternoon.  We will miss her, but are glad her suffering is done.
Me ~ I'm making it.  As always, May is a super crazy month for me.  I love the end of the year, really I do, as it brings lots of excitement at school...but it is exhausting as well.  I'm just praying that we can finish strong.  In other news, I have an interview at a (LISD) school in Carrollton tomorrow for a new position.  As these past few months have come along, it has become clear to me that being closer to home for work would definitely benefit us.  I have also started to have some prompting that perhaps I need to try a position out of the classroom for a couple of years.  As I think back on my first few years of teaching, I know that it was the instructional specialists who coached me that helped me to develop into the teacher I am today and would love the opportunity to pour into other teachers in similar ways now that I've been in education for so long.  Please pray for clear leading and that I would follow exactly where He is opening doors.  Hopefully I will know within the next couple of weeks more about what next year will look like for me.

As always, thanks for reading.  I will post more this weekend when I get a chance, but for now I must go to bed.  It would be highly embarrassing for me to fall asleep in the interview tomorrow.  :)

{Stay strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.}  Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment