Have you ever had one of those days where you woke up, just planning to go on about your day and life as normal and then you end up heading off to bed that same night not knowing what hit you? Yep, it was one of those kinds of days for me today. I really can't go into detail, but hopefully will be able to soon. There are multiple things that have been on my prayer list lately that I just continue to pray about night after night, just hoping for good leading on where to go and what to do with each one. Well, today God may have started to shine a light on one of the most major of those items for me. When I step aside, and He begins to work, amazing things always seem to happen. It's always fun to watch. I pray tonight that I stay out of the way and just follow His leading. Please pray this with me, won't you?
 |
| Coop and "Lego Man" at his school. |
In other news, I was afforded the gift of going to school with my little man this morning for "Take Your Mom to School" day. It was fantastic. His teacher is amazing. Connecting with other moms was wonderful. His school really is one of the best of the best, just as the Kent school song says. What amazing things Cooper has done this year, and oh how he has grown. I couldn't be more proud of my little man. We also took him for his 6 year old well child check. He's looking good. I was able to have a great conversation with his doctor, who is a wonderful resource for our family, about the concerns we and his teacher all have about his ability to focus. As was expected, he said that he's still pretty young and his "rambunctious" behavior could still be deemed as age appropriate. He also gave us some good ideas of ways we can try to help him mature and grow out of these ways instead of looking at having a conversation in the near future about using meds to try and help our little man. I stand on the fence on this one. I am all for trying out the suggestions that were given to us and had a great conversation with Burns this evening about things we want to put in place to be as proactive as possible. However, I'm not in denial that there is a chance that our little man will always have difficulties be able to settle down and attend to a task at hand. I'm simply praying today that he grows and matures exactly as God has planned for him and that if faced with a difficult decision, that we will know precisely what we need to do.
Shelton is doing great! We are super proud of him and how well he has kept his motivation and been busy this week. A very kind man from church, who worked in Social Security for years, came over one day this week to help Shelton fill out his disability paperwork. We are thankful it's done and now we wait. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I know as well as anyone that our government has definitely got issues with the way money is handled but we are thankful that there are resources available to help Shelton and our family. The reality is that because of the medications, modifications and extra medical equipment that Shelton will need from now on, his cost of living has indefinitely increased. There is so much we are thankful for. God is good!
All in all...while the week didn't begin well, it definitely ended well. I pray that you can say that you were blessed this week too!
{He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds we have been healed.} 1 Peter 2:24
Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Good things are a-coming!
ReplyDelete