Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

When the Going Gets Tough

When the going gets tough, what is there to do?  Cry, yep...done it.  Find someone to share it with, yep...done that too.  Pray.  Yes, by all means yes.  Pray, and don't stop praying.  But does that make it not suck some days?  Nope.  It just means that when the prayers have been said, I am calm.  And when the going gets tough, calm is good.  Nothing bad has happened.  Nothing is going "wrong" or is falling apart around here.  The truth is that life in the Thacker house isn't easy, for anyone.  It is particularly most difficult for Shelton, and that isn't at all debatable.  He's pressing on like a champ.  He's a rockstar and I'm proud to be a part of his story.  God is working on his heart, and he is allowing the work to be done.  Isn't that all He requires from each of us?  I just pray that as life for the rest of us, namely me, has gotten tougher that I'm also handling it like a champ.  I fear that I'm not on some days and that is why I pray.  I know that I am human and I will fail.  I will get frustrated and say things to Burns, Cooper and Shelton in a way that is too harsh for the situation.  I won't understand why we are going though this, but I pray because I don't want satan to get a foot in and allow doubt to overtake rational thinking.  I pray because my family is worth it and I pray because I believe that the same power that conquered the grave does, in fact, live in me.

Keep praying for us friends.  Pray that we would be strong.  Pray that we can communicate well.  Pray that old frustrations don't creep back in and ruin the good work that God is trying to do now.  Pray that Shelton's pain is kept to a minimum so that his progress and therapy aren't set back.  Pray that spring break would serve to be a good source of rest and relaxation that I so desperately need.  Pray that Burns would be sustained as he tries to work and get all of the things done around here that he so desperately wants to do.  And most importantly pray that satan doesn't have any place here.  I would love to chat with you face to face.  I would love to have you pray over me in person.  And I would love to hug your neck, just for reading.  I hope that I can soon.  I hope that I will see you soon, to tell you the stories about how your faithfulness to pray for the things listed above were answered in amazing ways for us, because I know they will be.  If you have questions, want to check in on us, or just want chat please don't hesitate to call, text or email.

I pray that your week is a blessing to both you and others.  Thanks for blessing us, just through your support and love!

{By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.}  John 13:35

No comments:

Post a Comment