Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Moving right along...

I feel like I start each post the same way.  We are so blessed.  Do you ever tire of hearing that?  Can it ever be said too much?  I wonder sometimes.  At some point it would seem like bragging, but when it's always telling of the efforts of others to come together and help my little family so in need of a lift, can it really be wrong to share?  You make the call...

And again today I say, we are so blessed!  Our day has gone a little like this...4 men showed up before 9 am to help Burns get a jump start on building some ramps that will be needed when Shelton comes home.  One of my sweet friends and her son showed up with her husband, breakfast in hand, to give me some great conversation over coffee.  She then sprung into action, helping clean the kitchen and keeping me company as laundry was done.  When those wonderful friends left, it wasn't long before the doorbell rang again, more sweet friends arriving to help completely re-do Shelton's room so it will be ready when he is.  They stayed for about 4 hours and the room looks good.  Just a few finishing touches and it's gonna be the best room in the house.  Shortly after 5, the doorbell rang again as a friend was coming with warm dinner in hand.  And now, we enjoy family movie night (ok, so I'm cheating a little and finishing this post as Monsters, Inc. plays for about the 100th time...but you know).   The only thing I haven't mentioned yet, is the best of all.  We found out late last night that a van has been donated to Shelton by a dealership.  You read that right, a van, paid in full, has been given to Shelton.  It needs to be modified, so that he can drive it but it is his.  As soon as he is able to go back and get his new driver's license, he will be able to be independent and go where he needs to go.  This is huge and we are thankful!!!  

This past week wasn't great, but life is good.  This week included lots of little things we wish we could forget but it is all behind us now.  In the big things, we've done well so there is no need to let the little things try and take over.  If you're praying at home, continue on.  Pray that Shelton would continue to heal and prepare for being home.  Pray that mentally he would stay tough as he thinks of all that is to come.  Pray for Burns and I as we prepare the house for his coming.  Pray for Cooper as the reality of how things have changed begin to really sink in for him.  Pray for my mom and dad, as they will now have a new reality at home as well.  Pray for me, as for the first time in my life I am questioning whether or not teaching is what I'm still supposed to be doing.  Things are weighing heavy on all of us, so just pray.

Thank you friends.  Thank you for reading and for your notes of encouragement that continue to come through text, email and in the mail.  Thank you for your prayers and love and support and concern.  Thank you.

{I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all of my prayers for all of you, I pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel, from the first day until now, being confident of this that He who began a good work in you will carry it to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.}  Philippians 1:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment