Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Getting There...

Just a quick picture of our
little basketball star.  He
 LOVES this game!!!
Dear friends, as life can do to the best of us, we've merely made it through another week.  Shelton has had to put therapy on hold due to the digestive issues he has been having.  He is ok, and there is no long term medical concern, so that is good.  He was hoping to get more done this week and it simply hasn't happened.  In the last 24 hours though, he has definitely gotten much better.  For this we are thankful.  Thank you for your prayers.  Definitely keep them coming.

Cooper had the worst week he has had in kindergarten yet, and we had to carry out some steep consequences (which always seem to be more painful to mom & dad somehow, don't they?) and it wasn't fun.  He did end the week on a high note though as we finally got a good report from his amazing teacher who thanked us for doing our part.  Honestly, those words were exactly what I needed to keep going.  As a parent, we cannot control our children's actions.  We can parent them appropriately as a response, and can pray for their little hearts and that we would shepherd them well, but we definitely cannot make them stop doing the things that aren't best for them to do as they have to decide for themselves.  We need only the peace of God as we try our best to point them in the right direction, but sometimes He uses the words of others to let us know we're headed in the right direction.  And when He does, I'm ever so thankful!

The weather kept things interesting for both this teacher who had an unexpected early release from school and my foundation repair working husband.  While the weather definitely mixed things up for both of us, I enjoyed the atypical winter weather, as now I feel we've finally experienced the season.  With that being said, now that we've officially had winter, can it just be spring already?

Thankfully tomorrow is Saturday.  We will rest some and I will try to shake this nasty cold that I've been fighting.  Burns will do some work in his shop.  We (hopefully me included) will head down to the hospital and hang out with Shelton and then will enjoy church together on Sunday.  Other than catching as much of the olympics as possible (which I am super excited about...who's with me??) we are just going to enjoy as much time together as we can.

God is still good my friends.  And He is still on His throne.  Praise Him today, whether you're currently in the calm or in the storm, Praise Him!

{I will proclaim the name of the Lord.  Oh, praise the greatness of our God.}  Deuteronomy 32:3

No comments:

Post a Comment