Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year...

Caption: I chose this picture because I feel that it symbolizes this year in the most appropriate way possible. I feel like that 75% of the time, this is the view I have of my child...

Good morning friends and family (and possibly some I've never even met). I hope this new year finds you all well. I pray that you will all take some time today to simply rest in God's love for you, knowing that his plans for you have not changed even a bit just because the calendar has rolled over to 2011. He knows exactly where you're going and where you've been and simply wants to draw you closer to Him for His glory, just like He did yesterday. {For I know the plans I have for you; declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.} Jeremiah 29:11.

As a think about the beginning of a new year, I leave you with some memories of the past year...

***Not-so-fond Memories**
~Topping this list must be saying good-bye to my sister. Hardest thing my family has ever had to do. It is the most bittersweet of not-so-fond memories though considering that in leaving they were simply doing what I mentioned above...
~Doing this mommy thing alone for over 9 months. Wow, I have a new appreciation for all of those out there doing it alone for whatever reason. Whether you're alone because of separation, divorce, the loss of a spouse, a military spouse, or anything else please know that there are definitely people you know and even don't know praying for the strength to carry on.
~Ear infections. Enough said.
Honestly, there are the only things I can think of. Wow. I'm one very blessed girl!

***Favorite Moments***
~Going to Burns' graduation at U Turn for Christ. That was a moment that I can honestly say I wasn't sure would ever come. All praise be to God for giving my husband the strength!
~Watching my baby boy grow up to be a big kid. Oh how he has changed this year. Big boy bed, potty training, curiosity about everything, so much talking and learning, singing always, playdates, and learning more about God. It was a good year (even though he can be a total stinker too)!
~Standing by my cousin as she married a wonderful man this summer. I consider it a joy to finally make Vince a permanent member of the family.
~Knowing that I can live with my parents again and consider it a good experience. I truly have the most giving, amazing parents in the world.
~Anytime I get to skype with those across the big blue ocean.
~Time with friends. It is definitely the moments spent laughing, talking and praying with friends that has helped to get me this far without totally losing my mind!

I could go on and on here, but these top the list. I know that there are things that I need to reflect on and consider carefully so that I can avoid some of the tight spots I put myself into last year, and plan to do so. But, I plan on spending some time today praying about how God can use me this year. Please continue to pray for Burns and I, my family serving in a land far far away and that I would be used as God chooses. I'll continue to pray for you too. If I can pray specifically for you, please let me know how! Blessings to all in this new year...

{Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.} Psalm 105:1-4

2 comments:

  1. This makes me happy:) You forgot to include skateboarding on the wii, but i'll let that one slide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year My Friend...I am so happy for you and I am glad things are falling into place as planned, just not as you planned them!

    ReplyDelete