
Hello friends. For all of you out there enjoying these freezing temps...I hope you're all warm and snuggled up somewhere comfy right about now! The best part about living in a place where we don't get much snow is watching the excitement on the faces of all the children who are seeing it for the first time, or enjoying it for third time (even though they're halfway through elementary school, ha!). Today at church I got to do just that. Children everywhere were running and joyful simply because God made it snow in Texas today. It would have been fun to watch my little boy running from window to window at home watching it fall, but there was something extra special about watching the faces of my little friends at the Ridge get excited too! :)
For the first time (in a very long time) I got all of my school work done before leaving on Friday. It's a terrific feeling knowing that I had nothing hanging over my head this weekend. I should really remember this feeling and maybe I would do this more often! With that being said, this weekend has been fabulous. Friday night I relaxed a lot. Saturday morning was spent with LIFEgroup friends cleaning the church and having lunch. I also went to get a pedicure (that an amazing friend treated me to-thanks Kimberly!) and then had dinner with my family. After putting the little man to bed last night, Burns and I got to sit down and watch a show together. I really can't remember the last time we got to do that. It's the simple things... :)
Today I got a bit of a shot in the gut at church as I listened to very familiar scripture in a brand new way. I'm ashamed to say that in treating others the way I want to be treated, I've somehow left sharing the gospel out of that equation. I've always considered that there are so many ways that the "golden rule" can impact my life, and never stopped to think what my life would be like if no one had ever taken the time to share the story of Christ's amazing love for me that changed my life forever. If I truly want to treat others the way I want to be treated, this must include sharing the truth about God's love with those in my life. I've been truly considering this all day. I'm praying that I will share with a passion and boldness that I've been lacking for much too long! If you are reading and don't know the story of love behind what our Savior did for you, please ask. My heart is longing to share what has made me whole again!
I am praying that you all stay warm and safe as this winter weather rolls through! Please be praying for me that I would love Christ with reckless abandon!
{But God demonstrates his own love for us in this; while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.} Romans 5:7-9
No comments:
Post a Comment