This week has been much more enjoyable and restful. Thank you for all the prayers that have lead to a more relaxing week. I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised that my students have been quite good this week, even though it's the week before the break. I'm surprised, but I'll take it! :) I'm a bit sad that I am not going to be able to go to Cooper's Christmas party at school, but I'd better get used to it. As a teacher, I'll always miss out on his parties and first days of school as they always will coincide with mine in my classroom. My sweet, sweet mom was able to go though and take pictures for me, so it would be worse.
We're looking forward to our annual family gingerbread house making competition this Sunday. Luckily, Burns will be home by the then and won't miss out on it. He'll be home this weekend and will be able to stay through the holidays. He has a job interview next week while he's home with a landscaping company, so please be praying for that. The sooner he gets a job lined up here, the quicker he gets to move back. We know that God is in charge and has the perfect job for him, but of course we're hoping He shows us His plan to us sooner than later. :)
I've got most of my holiday errands run, and am looking forward to having some time next week just to hang out as a family. I absolutely love the week of Christmas and all of the fun things we do to celebrate this season. The one thing that is absolutely killing me is that after the Gingerbread house making extravaganza, several of us will sit down and watch White Christmas. Every year watching this and singing "Sisters, sisters.." with Randi was a favorite memory and this year we'll be watching without her. I'm so proud of all they're doing, but selfishly miss her very much!
Thanks so much for reading. I appreciate the time you take out of your day to stay caught up with my little family.
Oh, wait...I almost forgot. I'll be playing hand bells at church of our Christmas Eve service. I haven't played in like 12 years. This should be a very special treat for everyone. :) Wish me luck!!!
{Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will bring joy to all people. Today in the town of David a savior has been born to you; he is the messiah, Christ the Lord.} Luke 2:10-11
We're looking forward to our annual family gingerbread house making competition this Sunday. Luckily, Burns will be home by the then and won't miss out on it. He'll be home this weekend and will be able to stay through the holidays. He has a job interview next week while he's home with a landscaping company, so please be praying for that. The sooner he gets a job lined up here, the quicker he gets to move back. We know that God is in charge and has the perfect job for him, but of course we're hoping He shows us His plan to us sooner than later. :)
I've got most of my holiday errands run, and am looking forward to having some time next week just to hang out as a family. I absolutely love the week of Christmas and all of the fun things we do to celebrate this season. The one thing that is absolutely killing me is that after the Gingerbread house making extravaganza, several of us will sit down and watch White Christmas. Every year watching this and singing "Sisters, sisters.." with Randi was a favorite memory and this year we'll be watching without her. I'm so proud of all they're doing, but selfishly miss her very much!
Thanks so much for reading. I appreciate the time you take out of your day to stay caught up with my little family.
Oh, wait...I almost forgot. I'll be playing hand bells at church of our Christmas Eve service. I haven't played in like 12 years. This should be a very special treat for everyone. :) Wish me luck!!!
{Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will bring joy to all people. Today in the town of David a savior has been born to you; he is the messiah, Christ the Lord.} Luke 2:10-11
heather told me you had some mad handbell skills tonight.
ReplyDelete