Oh friends...I've had an amazing Christmas and pray that you can each say the same! I must simply start by saying that God is good. He sent His Son to us to take on the image of man because of His glorious love for us. I can't even imagine a love like this, no matter how much I read the Word or pray but I am so thankful for it!!! If it weren't for this magnificent act of sacrifice we wouldn't have anything to celebrate in such a way and it is for that which I am eternally thankful!
Doesn't this look tasty? I had to take a picture to send to Randi to make sure I had bundled the meat correctly. Yummo, right?
We, of course decorated cookies for Santa. I don't believe that any of the cookies that Sammy and Cooper were "decorating" in this picture actually made it to Santa. There was also a bit of a green sugar mishap...but all ended well. 
Today was also a blessing. It began by waking up to find a video of how Americans who live in Serbia spend Christmas morning. Seriously, if it weren't for technology I'm not sure I'd make it through this family separation thing. The kids all looked great and other than being bigger and older don't seem to have changed a bit. If only for a split second, I felt as if they were back here running down the stairs together excited to see what the day would hold. I'm very thankful for the internet. :) Cooper then woke up to find the Christmas bells that Santa left for him. He loved them and also the cotton candy that was in his stocking. We opened presents for what seemed like forever because my little man would open one and spend a long time with it. For a family that didn't have many presents to open...it really did stretch itself out to be a morning long process. The rest of the day was great too. Family that we don't get to see enough was here to eat with us. We overstuffed ourselves with turkey, ham, broccoli cheese & rice, stuffing, fried okra, sweet potato casserole (which, by the way, was a new recipe and was the hit of the meal-who knew??), and so much more. I got to take a long and much needed nap while Coop slept and Burns went to get Shelton. We then did presents with Shelton, watched the boys play and called it a day. I'm always at least a tiny bit sad when Christmas day comes to an end as I love the season so. However, this year I'm just excited about what is to come for my little family. As we were searching through the fridge for leftovers to have for dinner Shelton said, "Wow dad. I haven't seen you and Robin smile and laugh and have this much fun together in a long time. It's nice." It was a good moment. This is truly because we serve an awesome God who is always faithful. Here are some quick pics from today...
The Thacker festivities began yesterday as they do each year. I attempted to recreate the yummy traditional Christmas Eve meal in Randi's place this year. It wasn't quite at the same level, but edible nonetheless. In an attempt to "upgrade" as it has been stated, we invited friends this year to help fill the empty seats left by the Israel clan on Christmas Eve. It was a wonderful time of laughing, sharing and being together and I wouldn't have traded it one bit. Time with friends and family make memories that can't be taken away. I realize this more and more as I get older. From there we went on to the Christmas Eve service at church. I was blessed to be a part of the service this year and really enjoyed it. Although my family didn't seem to notice, I couldn't make it through the last song without a couple of errors, but all in all it was good! Below are some pictures from yesterday...
Today was also a blessing. It began by waking up to find a video of how Americans who live in Serbia spend Christmas morning. Seriously, if it weren't for technology I'm not sure I'd make it through this family separation thing. The kids all looked great and other than being bigger and older don't seem to have changed a bit. If only for a split second, I felt as if they were back here running down the stairs together excited to see what the day would hold. I'm very thankful for the internet. :) Cooper then woke up to find the Christmas bells that Santa left for him. He loved them and also the cotton candy that was in his stocking. We opened presents for what seemed like forever because my little man would open one and spend a long time with it. For a family that didn't have many presents to open...it really did stretch itself out to be a morning long process. The rest of the day was great too. Family that we don't get to see enough was here to eat with us. We overstuffed ourselves with turkey, ham, broccoli cheese & rice, stuffing, fried okra, sweet potato casserole (which, by the way, was a new recipe and was the hit of the meal-who knew??), and so much more. I got to take a long and much needed nap while Coop slept and Burns went to get Shelton. We then did presents with Shelton, watched the boys play and called it a day. I'm always at least a tiny bit sad when Christmas day comes to an end as I love the season so. However, this year I'm just excited about what is to come for my little family. As we were searching through the fridge for leftovers to have for dinner Shelton said, "Wow dad. I haven't seen you and Robin smile and laugh and have this much fun together in a long time. It's nice." It was a good moment. This is truly because we serve an awesome God who is always faithful. Here are some quick pics from today...
Cooper got Christmas bells from Santa. He also got a total kick out of leaving cookies out for Santa. This morning though, he did cry to find that Sadie had eaten the "leftovers" while he wasn't looking. I guess he wanted them?? :)
Randi and the family got to watch as Cooper discovered his treasures from Santa. He would run to the computer to show them his things. In this shot he's showing them his Christmas bell. Later he tried to feed Brooke some cotton candy through the screen.
It truly is my prayer that you all have had a very Merry Christmas. Please continue to pray for my family and let me know how I can pray for yours. I love you all and want you all to know that you're definitely the hands and feet of Jesus to me everyday!
{The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory; the glory of the one and only son, who came from the father, full of grace and truth.} John 1:14
God bless us all, every one!
ReplyDeletewe were honored to be a part of your holiday festivities!!!!! this whole post made me smile a lot....sure do you love your little family and all the things that God is doing in and through it. (((((hugs))))))
ReplyDeleteI'm glad a good time was had by all! It sounds like things are going really well. I'm glad! :) Merry Christmas, my friend! I'm so glad God brought you into my life.
ReplyDelete