Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Just Getting Started...

So, I've journaled for years but haven't ever ventured into this unfamiliar world of blogging. I typically don't like going out into a brave new world such as this, but am feeling bold tonight. I honestly don't know why I'm even up for this other than the fact that I'm feeling the need more than ever to have a way to keep in touch with family that will be moving off soon. So, in an effort to "just get started" here's what's going on in my life currently:

~Burns and I are separated due to various reasons and I just don't know how us being separated will all pan out. Just keep praying for our family.

~My sister and her family leave in exactly 24 days to go be missionaries in a land far, far away. I can't wait to hear what God will do and how he will use them, but can't shake the personal sadness I feel knowing that they'll be gone and Coop won't have his Aunt DiDi to grow up with. Thank goodness for skype is all I can say about that!

~Exactly what I'll be doing next year at school is totally up in the air. A new school is being opened just down the road and we'll lose about 300 kids to it including one teacher per grade level. I was the last 3rd grade teacher hired at my school, so regardless of what happens, I will not be teaching in my classroom in my school next year. My options are possibly moving to another grade level within my current school (but don't know what grade that might be) or moving to the new school and continuing to teach 3rd grade. I guess only time will tell, but with all the other unknowns swirling around me, I wish that school could be a constant. God clearly has other plans and I need to just pray and hang on for the ride and be exicted about where I might land. I'm struggling with the faith part currently though, just to be perfectly honest about it. Hopefully that will come through more prayer. :)

~Cooper and I will be moving in with my parents at the end of the month. I haven't lived with my parents in a LONG time and just hope this is a blessing, not a curse. :) My sister has managed to make it work for a long time now though so how hard can it be, really??

For tonight that's about all. I need to end here and go do my devotion and get to bed as my sweet little 22 month old Cooper will be awake around 7:30 am, not paying any attention to what time I went to bed. I guess we'll see where this blogging thing takes us hunh...

Good night and Happy New Year...

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night." Psalm 1:1-2

1 comment:

  1. Robin! I'm excited to find your blog! Thanks for posting it on Fb. I know your heart aches to have Randi and her family far away, but I'm excited to see how God uses them, as I'm sure you are as well. Skype IS WONDERFUL! ;)

    ReplyDelete