This week has been rough. Basically, all around, every Thacker has struggled at some point this week. Please keep your prayers coming for us. Cooper is really struggling with self-control as the school year is winding down and his teacher is the one paying the price. We've been on him all week, and are dishing out the consequences but we're not reaping the results of those consequences just yet. We will press on. I had a colossal mommy fail this morning that I'm praying satan doesn't get a hold of. Cooper's wonderful school, had a book character parade today. Three weeks ago when we got the notice, Coop and I sat down and planned out his character outfit. Being a kiddo that doesn't much care for dressing up, we planned that he could be Jack, from the Magic Tree House books wearing jeans and a t-shirt with some fake glasses. Something to be proud of, but no major "costume" he would have to deal with. He was pretty pumped. That was 3 weeks ago. I've slept and gotten a new job since then. I forgot. It was this morning and he went to school wearing athletic shorts and a t-shirt looking like no character at all. Mommy. Fail. I'm praying that the guilt doesn't get the best of me.
Burns and I haven't gotten along so swimmingly this week and have come to a couple of impasses and had some hard discussions. We are ok, and are in no great distress, but I hate it when we have weeks like this. He also got very confused and messed up his medication last night taking 3 times as much as his normal nightly dose calls for. He did make it through the night. Hopefully it didn't do any major damage. And finally, Shelton is struggling. He is having a hard time managing taking his own medication without reminding and is just not wanting to do much during the days. He's coming up on the time that his GED course will start and this brings with it great anxiety. Please just keep praying. We need it.
We will make it, and this week is almost over. God is good, just as he was last week. I just wanted to update our sweet prayer warriors as to how you can be praying. We covet each one of you and your prayers. God bless & Happy Friday to all!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment